Twitch is one of the greatest platforms for online video game streaming. It is basically owned by a subsidiary of Amazon, the Twitch Interactive. Millions of people visit Twitch every month as a viewer. Despite just watching, you also can be one of the Twitch Streamer. Do you want to know how to stream your game from your favourite gaming device to twitch? Then read the whole article. In this article, you will be provided with all the major necessary information required to a beginner to stream on Twitch.
First of all, you need to check whether your gaming device has built-in streaming capabilities, If yes, then great. Most of the console like PS4 or Xbox One have built-in streaming capabilities, unlike PC or Nintendo switch. For them, you would require a decent hardware & a streaming software.
Before you dive in, I want to add up something you might not be knowing. You can even contribute to a Twitch Streamer like you want to support your favorite streamer, then you can do so by just donating him/her a small amount. It is the best way by which you can interact with your favorite creator. Here is a small guide, I hope it would be helpful to you – How To Donate On Twitch. That’s how you can earn while playing games of your interest. So let’s move ahead.
How To Stream From A PS4?
Streaming using PS4 is quite easy, the latest PlayStation controller even contains a share button which helps you to directly stream online.
Just you need to follow some easy steps mentioned below:
- Firstly, start playing a game which you want to stream, while playing, you just need to press the share button.
- Now you need to choose an online service (like youtube gaming, twitch, dailymotion), Select Twitch.
- Now it’s the turn to link your twitch account with the device.
- Just give the stream a title & select “Start Broadcasting”, that’s all!
- Broadcasting will begin. Now you can enjoy streaming on Twitch.
Streaming on PS4 is simpler than other platforms as it doesn’t require any download. You can also capture screenshots or recording using share menu provided in the PlayStation. You can even directly upload your video to Youtube. The features provided are quite amazing & much helpful.
How To Stream on Twitch From An Xbox One?
Using Xbox One, Streaming is also quite easy and you don’t even need to install any application separately. Just you need to install the Twitch app to your console. You can easily broadcast but firstly, you need to get your account linked by following some easy steps:
- Now open the application on your Xbox One console.
- Now you can see there is a menu on the left side, you just need to click on the “Log in” button provided.
- Now open twitch.tv/activate on your smartphone or computer.
- Now enter the 6 digit code on your TV to link your account.
After successfully linking your account, you can begin with the process of streaming. To begin sharing, click on the “Broadcast” button. Now you’ll be given the two options, one option will be to enable Kinect video and another will be audio with your microphone. You can select Kinect video also If you are one of its users. Now you can easily begin streaming.
How To Stream From A PC?
From all the options available, Streaming from a PC is a bit longer process. You will also need some special streaming software.
You can use XSplit, it is one of the great options available. But you need to subscribe one of its monthly plans if you want to use its advanced features like annotations or custom logos. To get started, just follow the steps mentioned below:
- Firstly, Create an Xsplit account & download the Server.
- Now you need to start the XSplit & have to login into your Twitch account.
- Now you need to start playing your desired game which you want to stream.
- Simple press Ctrl-Tab key combination to open up the XSplit broadcaster.
- Just click on the Broadcast button to begin and stream your gaming on twitch.
The broadcasting will automatically pause if you close the game or command Alt-Tab. You can even use this software for adding your webcam footage, for chatting on your Twitch panel, for controlling system sounds etc.
You can also broadcast from a PC using Open Broadcast Software, It is one of the most powerful free tools. It is the best alternative available to you. SLOBS (a version of OBS) is now quite flexible to use. The company has bought some interesting changes, like a new interface, built-in chat feature, facemasks, pre-designed themes and much more. OBS & SLOBS both have some advantages & disadvantages over each other. You can try both. Now, I will tell you some basics which you need to know. What you have to do is, just you need to follow the steps mentioned below:
- Firstly, Download Open Broadcast Software & get it installed. For a Windows machine, you need to click on the software and then ‘Run as Administrator’. It will automatically grant all the permissions required to capture your games.
- Next step is, Open Settings and select Stream and then select Twitch as the service.
- Now open Twitch in your browser & then click on the Dashboard button which will be available in your menu in the upper right corner. Then select Settings and then select ‘Stream Key’.(the stream key is generally hidden for safety purpose)
- Now, click on the ‘Show Key’ button. Then you just need to paste the obtained key in the Open Broadcast Software field – ‘Stream Key’.
- That’s all, Now you can stream simply. Just select any of the game, and stream happily.
I hope this article would be helpful for you. And don’t forget to share your first stream on Twitch here. Also feel free to ask using the comments section, If you still have any query. We will try our best to solve them as fast as possible.
Also, Read – How to play fornite on your computer