Are you a Spotify user? Do you think the service is not worth it or have you found something better? If you want to permanently delete your Spotify account and switch to other platforms, then this is the right place for you. Today, we start with the basic introduction of Spotify and the steps to delete a Spotify account. I will also draw your attention to the consequences and recommend some alternatives that you can use immediately. So let's start.
What is Spotify and why is it used?
Spotify is a streaming service that lets you play millions of songs, podcasts, videos and other content from artists around the world. Think of Spotify as the Netflix of music. With 71 million paying subscribers and 159 million more using the free version, Spotify is the largest music streaming service in the world.
Although the basic shuffle and music streaming are free, you can also pay for a first-class Spotify membership, which comes with perks such as better audio quality, no advertising, unlimited skipping and offline listening. Although some people think it's a bit too expensive to pay $10 a month, I think the première membership is worth it. Imagine you could get access to millions of songs you can listen to anytime, anywhere and as much as you want.
With Spotify Premium, you have up to 10,000 songs available for offline listening on up to 5 devices. The service allows users to stream songs at a very high bit rate of up to 320 kbps. Spotify has the highest number of playlists for each music category. You also get recommendations from personalized features such as “Discover Weekly,” “Release Radar,” “Top Songs of the Year,” “Family Mix” and other playlists. Spotify takes into account the type of songs and artists you prefer, and recommends other songs based on that.
The “Discover Weekly” playlist is automatically updated every Monday and includes various songs based on your preferences, and the “Release Radar” playlist is a collection of new content from artists you follow.
Even after you've received all of these features, you want to delete your Spotify account for whatever reason.
How to Delete a Spotify Account
If you have a premium subscription and no longer want it, simply cancel your subscription. However, to permanently delete your Spotify account, do the following:
- You cannot delete a Spotify account from your app, so you must first log into your Spotify account through a browser.
- On the main page you will see a “Help” option at the top. Click on it.
- Click “Account Help” in the “Account & Payment” section, or enter “Close Account” in the search bar and press Enter.
- Now under Account Help you will see a number of account-related issues. To delete your account, simply navigate to “Close your account” and click on it.
- Spotify will now ask you if you want to cancel your membership or just delete your account. To delete your account permanently, click either “Contact Us Here” or “Contact Us.”
- You will then be redirected to a contact page or a contact form. Click here to go directly to the contact form.
- To delete your account, click “Account” or “I want to close my account.”
- Then Spotify lets you choose one last time whether you want to cancel your membership or delete your account, in which case click “Close account.”
- Finally, Spotify performs a routine verification process so that the correct account is deleted. You will also receive an email with a link and your account will eventually be closed after you click on the link.
After deletion of your account
When you delete your account, Spotify takes many preventive measures and tries to warn you several times. If you delete a Spotify account permanently, the consequences are:
- You lose all your stored music, podcasts and playlists.
- You will no longer have access to over 50 million songs and thousands of podcasts.
- The username can no longer be used on Spotify.
- You will lose all your followers.
Free Spotify alternatives
To be honest, there are no free alternatives to Spotify. There are some popular music streaming services that are freemium, similar to Spotify. Let's take a look at two of today's most downloaded music streaming services other than Spotify:
JIOSAVN is an India-based music streaming service that offers content in the main languages of India such as Hindi, Marathi, Punjabi, English, etc. Basic streaming is free here, but you have to pay for ad-free premium membership. There are over 55 million songs in JIOSAVN with more than 250 million subscribers. Unlike Spotify, this service allows premium users unlimited downloads and more than 55 million songs and other content. International users will benefit more from Spotify than from JioSaavn.
Currently, JIOSAAVN offers music in more than 15 languages, but Spotify has only 7 languages. Also, JIOSAVN is much cheaper than SPOTIFY, at least in India.
Given the number of songs or videos, YouTube Music is certainly the largest platform. Everything you can find on YouTube is available on YouTube Music. Unlike Spotify, YouTube Music's free plan allows you to play any song you want. This is YouTube Music's biggest asset. YouTube Music also has no limit on downloads, but after 30 days, all your downloads are automatically deleted. It is fair to say that YouTube Music is quite a competition for Spotify in terms of the number of songs, but Spotify is the clear winner.
All in all, deleting your Spotify account is a straightforward process. Once you are logged into your account in your browser, you can delete your account in a few clicks. If you have finally decided to cancel the best music streaming service, then I recommend you subscribe to Youtube Music's premium plan.
I think I have included all the information necessary to delete the Spotify account and hope you can easily delete it if you consider all the consequences. Feedback or recommendations are welcome in the comments section below.